Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by balala on 08 Feb 2016
  • #17 by sa2009 on 17 Dec 2016
  • #18 by viewermail on 01 Jan 2016
  • #19 by SCJames on 31 Mar 2017
  • Thanks to all for starting this thread. Ms. Martin is still training and touring. Whether or not she competes again remains to be seen, but she explains it below. She is one of my very favorite of the bigger ladies.

Monica Martin, Fitness Model/IFBB Pro Athlete
    Brazilian born, now in Fort Lauderdale and Las Vegas

From a 2015 interview: (italics are mine because I fully agree. Emoticon is hers)

My last contest in 2012 [Chicago Pro] was a last minute decision. I was not sure about the criteria for Physique. So I contacted one of the judges, and he told me that my legs were too big and I should get them smooth not so ripped. Overall he said I was still looking like a bodybuilder to compete in Physique and I should tone down. So I did a month cardio for 1 hour twice a day and high reps workout and stopped training legs a month before the show. I shouldn’t have listened to him and just kept my regular workout. I should have waited longer to enter another contest later. This would have given me extra weeks to do more diet and get ripped as I always been when competing in bodybuilding. Oh well it was fun to step again on stage. I did it for me and for my fans, but I wasn’t in my top shape but not in bad shape either, I never disappoint so :) If I have desire to compete again? I don’t think so, since it requires so much time from my busy schedule, all time and money you have to invest and almost nothing in return… Plus all the politics, I don’t think it worth my time anymore, I already achieved my goal. It was to become a pro and to be known as one of the best of the world. I also think the federation should treat us athletes the way we deserve. WE ARE THE STARS and all the money they make comes from us. They exist because of us, so we should get much more in return not be exploited. But if I decide to go back one more time I would need a sponsor. I would choose to compete for another federation such WBFF, this looks way more fun and glamorous. It has better exposure. It seems they have much more respect and value for the athletes.

• #20 by faklu on 21 Sep 2017
  • #21 by viewermail on 22 Sep 2017
  • #22 by VikingPT on 23 Sep 2017
  • #23 by viewermail on 23 Sep 2017
  • #24 by bluemuscle on 28 Sep 2017
  • #25 by VikingPT on 28 Sep 2017
  •  
  • #26 by bluemuscle on 03 Nov 2017
  • #27 by VikingPT on 04 Nov 2017
  • #28 by kamlesh on 05 Nov 2017
  • #29 by VikingPT on 06 Nov 2017
  • #30 by VikingPT on 26 Dec 2017