Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
steroidify

gfx gfx
parapharma Advertising
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
574478 Posts in 72909 Topics by 28736 Members - Latest Member: nevelbaln April 19, 2024, 09:43:24 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Karen Netterstrom
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Karen Netterstrom  (Read 50657 times)

Offline jaf2

• Activity:
    0%
Re: Karen Netterstrom back in the day
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 04:08:32 pm »
And yes...you did...and STILL DO...look amazing!
User is currently banned [View]

Forum Saradas

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    86.67%
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 05:32:39 pm »

knett

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 10:14:35 pm »
The line up is the top 5 hvwt from '96 Jr. Nats.  From left is Theresa O'Brien, Vima Caez, Lisa Lewis & me.  I don't remember the last girl. My weight was 161 in those pics, I'm 5'6", Lisa was 170 at 5'10.  I think that girls looked better back then cause there was more muscle maturity & not such huge abuse of steroids.  When Kim Chivesky took the Ms. O crown, they were looking for an uber shredded look.  IMHO, it went downhill after that.  I personally am not a fan of striations on a woman.  It's about muscley curves to me...a healthy athletic woman.  Tina Lockwood was the giant that couldn't get hard.  Lenda Murray was the last great Ms.O to me.  No disrespect to anyone, just my opinion & preference.  Unfortunately with fitness & figure thrown into the mix- the whole standard is a mess.  How can it be judged?

Offline RobMash

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 10:47:18 pm »
The line up is the top 5 hvwt from '96 Jr. Nats.  From left is Theresa O'Brien, Vima Caez, Lisa Lewis & me.  I don't remember the last girl. My weight was 161 in those pics, I'm 5'6", Lisa was 170 at 5'10.  I think that girls looked better back then cause there was more muscle maturity & not such huge abuse of steroids.  When Kim Chivesky took the Ms. O crown, they were looking for an uber shredded look.  IMHO, it went downhill after that.  I personally am not a fan of striations on a woman.  It's about muscley curves to me...a healthy athletic woman.  Tina Lockwood was the giant that couldn't get hard.  Lenda Murray was the last great Ms.O to me.  No disrespect to anyone, just my opinion & preference.  Unfortunately with fitness & figure thrown into the mix- the whole standard is a mess.  How can it be judged?

What do you think about the modern female bodybuilding Karen? IMO many actual female  bodybuilders don't take care on look and they sacrifice the feminine look for the mass. Are you agree with me?
I Saradas

knett

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 11:43:33 pm »
To each her own.  Some don't care I suppose.  I know nothing of what the girls are going for now, I do know that the waist to hip ratio is critical to a more feminine shape.  Distended bellies (even in contest shape) was apparent in the men in the 90s, now the women have them.  The waistline makes for a beautiful tie in between upper & lower body.  I know I probably stand alone cause there seems to be such a subculture of those that love the giants.  That's cool... Just my 2 cents on what's different.  It's like Bev Francis vs. Rachel McLish.  Can't genetically change what you are... Just be the best what you are.  Sex sells the sport.  With figure & fitness selling the sex, where does that put the fbb?  When was the last time there was a major mag spread of a top fbb? It's unfortunate it has become so disrespected.  At least this forum acknowledges all types of fbbrs.

Offline jaf2

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 12:27:59 am »

Wow!

Thanks, Karen!  What hit's you immediately with that lineup are the beautiful "X" frames and symmetrical muscularity.

And you ask a question that is perplexing contestants more and more today, and that is the judging. It is all over the place.
User is currently banned [View]

Offline Bobt

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 01:03:13 am »
Great posts of Karen, Knett!!!  KARMA +
I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self.
Aristotle

knett

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 04:11:37 pm »
http://img40.imagevenue.com/gallery/loc391/2_1580_1295923712-3.php    

Did I just catch you smoking a cigarette? Shame shame... :-)
yes...busted with a cigarette.  I was hosting a girls weekend at my beach house...we were having fun.

knett

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 04:36:23 pm »

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    86.67%
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 06:06:49 pm »
The line up is the top 5 hvwt from '96 Jr. Nats.  From left is Theresa O'Brien, Vima Caez, Lisa Lewis & me.  I don't remember the last girl.

Karen, I think the last girl is Christine Gillett.

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    86.67%
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 06:15:54 pm »
To each her own.  Some don't care I suppose.  I know nothing of what the girls are going for now, I do know that the waist to hip ratio is critical to a more feminine shape.  Distended bellies (even in contest shape) was apparent in the men in the 90s, now the women have them.  The waistline makes for a beautiful tie in between upper & lower body.  I know I probably stand alone cause there seems to be such a subculture of those that love the giants.  That's cool... Just my 2 cents on what's different.  It's like Bev Francis vs. Rachel McLish.  Can't genetically change what you are... Just be the best what you are.  Sex sells the sport.  With figure & fitness selling the sex, where does that put the fbb?  When was the last time there was a major mag spread of a top fbb? It's unfortunate it has become so disrespected.  At least this forum acknowledges all types of fbbrs.
Great insight to your views Karen. I agree that Lenda was the last great FBB, and actually she was quite ripped. Perfect symetry, quite amazing in fact. I agree re figure and fitness. I think these 2 sports are a fantastic opportunity to flex, wasted! Very boring competitions, I don't know how anyone can sit through them really. My view of course, many would disagree.
NABBA introduced Figure years before the IFBB, and got it spot on in my opinion. Less hardcore, high heels , make up etc allowed, flexing mandatory, and they produce some amazing athletes. Great for those who don't want to step into the hard core FBB contests, or those who are on their way there.

Thanks for bringing great discussion to the forum. And the pics of you in rare higher definition than the poor scans that are normally the only material available! Stunning!

MesQuish

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2011, 03:08:33 pm »
Karen Netterstrom

Florida Championships - NPC, HeavyWeight, 2nd
Junior Nationals - NPC, HeavyWeight, 6th

Junior Nationals - NPC, HeavyWeight, 2nd

Magazines

1996 May Num 53 Women's Physique World

Offline Female Bodybuilding

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Rock Hard Muscles
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 09:06:40 pm »
Karen Netterstrom... A real legend
I Saradas

Unicron

Re: Karen Netterstrom
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2017, 12:28:58 am »
yonko4p2w posted Theresa O'Brien & Karen Netterstrom WPW V280 http://saradas.org/index.php?topic=416350.0 the other day, so I just had to post here, because my first introduction to this underrated blonde bombshell was her iconic WPW cover page. Whenever her name is mentioned, that's the first thing that comes to mind. I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

Karen's body type in the 90's was quintessentially the same package Nekole Hamrick sought to present in the NPC/IFBB the last 15 years or so. In one word, "shape" like Nekole always says. They both exhibited symmetrical, proportionate, and lean physiques the created a deceptive illusion of them appearing a bit smaller than what they really were until you saw them in comparison with other women. 5'6", 161 pounds contest weight, 9 pounds less then the statuesque Lesa Lewis? Karen was no joke!

Unicron

Re: Karen Netterstrom
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2017, 12:31:40 am »

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Karen Netterstrom

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View