Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
www.pharmacomstore.ws

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

gfx gfx
gfx
365630 Posts in 48337 Topics by 40423 Members - Latest Member: MabeyPC June 28, 2017, 01:53:05 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  News and Discussion  |  Wrong decision  |  Discrediting Ms. Olympia?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Discrediting Ms. Olympia?  (Read 6184 times)

Offline Paperclip113

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    0%
Discrediting Ms. Olympia?
« on: November 04, 2011, 05:32:39 pm »
I know it's been a while, but I just registered recently, gimme a break ;)

Does anyone else agree that by constantly crowning Iris Kyle as Ms. O, it's beginning to make the contest...well, less interesting?
Don't get me wrong, she's a great competitor with a great look, it just feels like they're basically trying to do exactly what makes so many people dislike watching baseball. I.e the same person/teams winning over and over again, so it's just a matter of "How long til they win".

Again, I mean no disrespect towards any of the competitors, least of all Iris, but I really feel like the judges/organizers are doing everything in their power to make sure that only Iris ever wins. And it goes in line with a lot of the other attempts to discredit it, such as adding a "Bikini" competition (Bodybuilding for women with a lot of muscle, Fitness for some muscle, Figure for a little, Bikini for even less.)
And not so much that it's rigged, more that the judges and organizers would rather people not pay attention to it.

I dunno, just the feeling I get :\

Offline racerx009

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    0%
Re: Discrediting Ms. Olympia?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 06:46:46 pm »
I would agree with you if Iris were not so clearly superior to her peers. The Ms. O would be more competitive if she were to retire but at the end of the day you should go with the best competitor on contest day.

Offline Tiberius

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    13.33%
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 10:36:25 pm »
Yeah people actually think its more boring if always the same person wins. However many are there to see the icons or top teams prevail. Formula 1 had less spectators after schumacher retired and overall he only won a bit more of half of the time.

Offline dmk4646

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 10:42:41 pm »

Absolutely agree. The sport struggles enough as it is. I don't even look anymore and I used to be a big fan. Went to 2 Ms. O events. I find it difficult
to believe that the judges find her above and beyond all the other contestants year after year. It's like they can't do anything that will be looked at as
poor judgement as long as they continue voting for her. Women's BB was on the way out before she was crowned the first time. Now it's beyond dead.
It's a shame. Do they have different judges each year or the same old........

big diesel

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 04:25:39 pm »
The 2000 Ms. O was the worst.  Instead of one overall champion they had co-champs.  To me that was a bunch of Bull$hit.  Plus having weight classes never set well with me.  As a competitor you don't take your body to the next level. 

Offline lorao

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 01:53:25 am »
I think racerx and tiberious are onto it but not including the promoters in apportioning the blame for this is letting the elephant sit in the room.  I disagree with racerx as to his evaluation of Iris being invincible as clearly Alina Popa could have won any number of times without any loss of continuity.  The thing racerx gets is that Iris is sort of "plausibly invincible" if you're one who assumes bodybuilding is a "real sport" with honest and "esoteric" criteria (of course bodybuilding is no such thing but I digress).  Even with that one of Iris' wins was clearly tainted though, given aesthetics comes into play the year she won with a visibly infected injection site was a travesty.  As for Tiberious he effectively explained why the Weider's got away with their scam for so long, the fans want stars and if you keep having the same winner you create stars regardless of whether the stars you've created actually deserved to win the titles they won.

Offline asapferg

• Activity:
    100%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 04:19:53 am »
Iris competing in both Ms. O and Ms. I took away obitunity for other fbbs to have a title.

Forum Saradas  |  News and Discussion  |  Wrong decision  |  Discrediting Ms. Olympia?

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx