Pages:
Actions
  • #376 by birmi482 on 11 Jul 2019
  • you can also add Jana from Germany and Renee Toney to the mix, the girls now above 50 who previously held the title of being the biggest fbb in the world and are still around today even that they have not competed for 10 years or more, and also Iris Kyle who is 45
    • birmi482
  • #377 by elma on 11 Jul 2019
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
    What do you think about:

a) the ones that train for physique should have the size of a lightweight or middleweight bodybuilder
    b) that fbb should only have two categories: heavyweight and superheavyweight

Physique and FBB are different divisions, with different criteria, slightly different posing. Physique was originally brought in to replace FBB, but now is a valuable stepping stone as women develop and move up the divisions. Before Physique, it was Figure that filled that role. 

The criteria for entering Physique and FBB is already defined, and you can see the difference already. Many fans urge Physique athletes to go into FBB, Valentina Mishina is one. But although she looks big, but her next to an FBB and she is swamped. She just got her first win in Physique as a Pro, had she entered an FBB contest, she would have been very low down the placings.

Valentina recently said thanks to the fans who were begging her to swap to FBB, but she said she was listening to advice from the judges, and they said no to FBB, keep going in Physique. She listened, she won.

What I meant was since physique competitors are becoming bigger that the physique division becomes lightweigh/middleweight bodybuilding division.
  • #378 by Timmon on 11 Jul 2019
    What do you think about:

a) the ones that train for physique should have the size of a lightweight or middleweight bodybuilder
    b) that fbb should only have two categories: heavyweight and superheavyweight

Physique and FBB are different divisions, with different criteria, slightly different posing. Physique was originally brought in to replace FBB, but now is a valuable stepping stone as women develop and move up the divisions. Before Physique, it was Figure that filled that role. 

The criteria for entering Physique and FBB is already defined, and you can see the difference already. Many fans urge Physique athletes to go into FBB, Valentina Mishina is one. But although she looks big, but her next to an FBB and she is swamped. She just got her first win in Physique as a Pro, had she entered an FBB contest, she would have been very low down the placings.

Valentina recently said thanks to the fans who were begging her to swap to FBB, but she said she was listening to advice from the judges, and they said no to FBB, keep going in Physique. She listened, she won.

What I meant was since physique competitors are becoming bigger that the physique division becomes lightweigh/middleweight bodybuilding division.

OK, but why get rid of Physique? I think Physique actually saved bodybuilding. Many FBB's jumped at the chance to downsize when Physique came in. Sadly, at the time , Physique was not ready for them,. the women were much less massive and defined, and an FBB shape downsized was still too much. But it saved us from losing many good names who would never have competed again, because FBB was just too extreeme. IFBB's fault, they let it happen, thus FBB contests died.

Now we see interest in FBB contests growing again, but start setting the goal posts too high, and the sport will die again. Fact is, there has to be some incentive for women to move up. I call it moving up, but Physique and FBB are not considered the top place to be , which is sad, as these are the women that work hardest. Instead, FBB and Physique are often held first thing in the morning, get them out of the way, then the real attraction, Bikini upwards can start.

I understand the desire for the most massive women in the world to win, it makes sense, but the athletes themselves are not training hard to get there, that is my point. So we are left with a few top women, who are not being replaced. In 5 years, FBB will be dying again. Because people want the bench mark set too high, again.

There is a difference between Physique and FBB, and at the moment, Physique athletes like their division, very much. Get rid of it, and there will be a poor stepping stone once more between non flexing and flexing divisions.

INTERESTING DEBATE!< IF YOU WISH IT TO CONTINUE,  WE WILL SPLIT THE DEBATE AWAY FROM ALEESHA's TOPIC, AND PUT IT INTO THE TASTES AND OPINIONS SECTION, SO ALEESHA FANS CAN GET BACK TO TALKING ABOUT ALEESHA!
  • #379 by Old Surehand on 12 Jul 2019
  •  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
  • #380 by muslmstr on 15 Jul 2019
  • I can't wait to see this magnificent muscle maiden at Rising Phoenix. Margie is going to have her hands full this year!
  • #381 by birmi482 on 15 Jul 2019
  • margie gonna win hands down unless Alina Popa gets another prematured Xmas present from the judges for her part with the WOS organization. Remember, the WOS event in Romania this year is bigger than last year.....
    • birmi482
  • #382 by birmi482 on 15 Jul 2019
  • Alina did not deserve to win last year, she looked like a physique girl next to Margie, with much less muscle mass than at her Ms O appearances. Nevertheless she won, simply to appease WOS organization and to reward her for her role as VP.
    • birmi482
  • #383 by marvin on 16 Jul 2019
    bodybuilders who are 40 or more: Margie, Alina, Jay, Helle, Irene, Monique, Triple Dee, Sheila Bleck to name the most prominent.

I didn't realize they are in the 40+ club. I know it takes years to build their kind of size. Guess the desire to maintain the level of diet and training that physiques require is what sets them apart.
  • #384 by birmi482 on 16 Jul 2019
  • Some of these girls have been around 15 - 20 years and kept their level of muscularity. Others like Margie Martin are 10 years or less, there are no rules
    • birmi482
  • #385 by matadore10 on 17 Jul 2019
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
  • #386 by birmi482 on 18 Jul 2019
  • I think you are completely missing the point. If someone like Aleesha Young becomes smaller and her trademark biceps and other bodyparts are being outmuscled by a shredded Andrea Shaw and she still wins Chicago, something is fucking wrong with FBB contest judging. Just compare how Alina looked at the Miss Olympia a few years ago when she could or should have won and how she looked last year, the difference is very obvious. I really hate the re-educating part of the judges. This is why I shout for the democratization of FBB and the involvment of fans in judging
    • birmi482
  • #387 by marvin on 19 Jul 2019
    I think you are completely missing the point. ...
     Just compare how Alina looked at the Miss Olympia a few years ago when she could or should have won and how she looked last year, the difference is very obvious. ....

I think you are losing sight of, it's not how someone looked a few years ago compared to how they look today that determines if they win. It's how they look compared to the people standing next to them here and now. That is how contests are supposed to be decided.
  • #388 by birmi482 on 19 Jul 2019
  • The difference between how she looked in 2013/4 and how she looked in 2018 shrinking in size and still winning, just emphasizes how judges view fbb today and where they want it to go, in contrast to what fans want and why it should be democratised, at least partly. That has been my point , I hope now you understand what I want to say
    • birmi482
  • #389 by cook417 on 20 Jul 2019
    The difference between how she looked in 2013/4 and how she looked in 2018 shrinking in size and still winning, just emphasizes how judges view fbb today and where they want it to go, in contrast to what fans want and why it should be democratised, at least partly. That has been my point , I hope now you understand what I want to say

You're talking like she lost like 20lbs of muscle. She might have been a little bit smaller (maybe) but she's still huge.
  • #390 by rossi46 on 28 Jul 2019
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Pages:
Actions