Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advertising

gfx gfx
parapharma steroidify
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572651 Posts in 72095 Topics by 28629 Members - Latest Member: LividPancake March 29, 2024, 01:29:44 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Tastes and opinions of Saradas members  |  Was William Moulton Marston a Schmoe?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Was William Moulton Marston a Schmoe?  (Read 5328 times)

87fg

Was William Moulton Marston a Schmoe?
« on: June 20, 2017, 12:54:08 am »
To comic fans William Moulton Marston (1893-1947) was the legend that created Wonder Woman. The eccentric psychologist was a supporter of the suffrage movement for women and held feminism as one of his beliefs. The creation of Wonder Woman was to encourage gender equality, but other than that it also revealed some of  Marston's fetishes. The bondage element is there, with Wonder Woman being constantly tied up by her adversaries. However, looking back it seems there is a fetish for the physically strong woman.

Marston once wrote:

"Give them an alluring woman stronger than themselves to submit to, and they'll be proud to become her willing slaves!"

It seems if he were alive today, he may be a member of this forum. Although women of  such  strength were rare, he probably did want to see more.

what do you guys think? This man does seem like a strange figure in the history of comics.

Forum Saradas

Offline schillster1

• Activity:
    0%
Re: Was William Moulton Marston a Schmoe?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 02:53:54 pm »
If Marston was a "schmoe" that means everyone that drew women like Jim Mooney, Jack Kirby, Wally Wood, etc... were also schmoes and possibly a bit perverted and don't forget that there a women artists as well who could and should be considered shmoes.  One more thing too, a lot of the super-heroine creators and artists started their work in womens cartoon mags from the 40's to the 60's (including Theodore Suess Geisel).  :woohoo:
User is currently banned [View]

Unicron

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 04:51:07 pm »
Good post, 87fg! Being a long time comic enthusiast I never thought of the possibilities of artists being schmoes as far back as Marston. As a teen, I always wondered about John Byrne's level of admiration for She-Hulk since he was strongly associated with the character. He revamped She-Hulk with a whole new image changing her from Stan Lee's "Savage She-Hulk" to his "Sensational She-Hulk". Unlike Stan Lee, John made her feminine in her mannerisms, very muscular in appearance, and gave her an alpha female type personality with a fearless attitude. She would fight anybody and anything without hesitation.

At times she argued with John Byrne, which I thought was interesting and new. Before Deadpool became popularized for communicating outside the comic world with readers, "for a time, starting with the Sensational She-Hulk series by John Byrne in 1989, She-Hulk was portrayed with a form of "cross-dimensional" or metafictional awareness, to break the fourth wall. In some stories, she showed an awareness of being a comic book character, with visuals of her "tearing the page" or "walking through a page of advertisements" to reach an enemy's control centre. She sometimes engaged in arguments with the writer (John Byrne), or appealed to the comic's editor, Renée Witterstaetter. Sensational She-Hulk #50 (Byrne's last issue) involved Renée locking a bound-and-gagged Byrne in a storage closet while she and Jen tried to find the book's new writer. This trend was briefly carried on during her tenure with the Heroes for Hire, when she "spoke" to the book's narrator and "fired" him for losing the plot. Other Marvel characters that have been written to directly "address" the audience include She-Hulk's friend Louise Mason, Uatu the Watcher (who narrates a majority of the issues of What If by speaking directly to the reader) and Deadpool."

John connected with the character through his work. I became a big fan of the series because of him and how he portrayed She-Hulk as both a bona fide intellectual and a physical powerhouse. Moreover, she was funny, sarcastic, and overconfident most times, especially when fighting an enemy and expressing in detail how she would defeat them and/or would mock them after winning a fight.

Sensational #1 was one of my first purchases of a hero in a solo series, which I became dedicated to collecting for a while. Funny, I was also a die-hard X-Men fan too.

87fg

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 12:04:45 am »
A known writer for marvel comics (ironically best known work is for She Hulk) is a schmoe who sessions.

You mean John Byrne is a schome ? Where did you hear this information ? If so it would make sense, comics do have many powerful super women.

Unicron

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 11:56:52 am »
A known writer for marvel comics (ironically best known work is for She Hulk) is a schmoe who sessions.

You mean John Byrne is a schome ? Where did you hear this information ? If so it would make sense, comics do have many powerful super women.

Not him a current writer for Marvel and he somewhat a known writer with a twit*** following.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Offline schillster1

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 02:51:29 pm »

Not him a current writer for Marvel and he somewhat a known writer with a twit*** following.

Interesting thing about Byrne's Shulkie was that she looked more like a physique competor than bodybuilder.  He also was one of the first  comic book artists to break the forbidden 4th wall with his run, meaning he let Jenn get involved with the real world.  Honestly I'm more of a Jusko  fan.  :thanks:
User is currently banned [View]

Unicron

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 04:43:24 pm »

Interesting thing about Byrne's Shulkie was that she looked more like a physique competor than bodybuilder.  He also was one of the first  comic book artists to break the forbidden 4th wall with his run, meaning he let Jenn get involved with the real world.  Honestly I'm more of a Jusko  fan.  :thanks:

I like Jusko. His work reminds me a lot of Boris Vallejo. Jusko's rendition of Shulkie was impressive. This pic was probably my first time seeing his version of her. If my memory serves me correctly, the image is either from Marvel's summer or swimsuit edition book or a copy of Wizard magazine. I may still have it in my collection.

87fg

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 01:26:54 am »
No he was not.

Short version:  He believed woman was going to rule the world one day. And men needed to get ready for that day.

I think he was based on some of his writings. Though open to interpretation may be he was thinking that there would be more women world  leaders. As for his prediction of women ruling the world, I don't think so. The idea that they are more peace loving is a dated stereotype. Second, the only thing I could see an all women leadership team doing is just bickering and being completely irrational.

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Tastes and opinions of Saradas members  |  Was William Moulton Marston a Schmoe?

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View