Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
parapharma

gfx gfx
Advertising steroidify
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572664 Posts in 72096 Topics by 28629 Members - Latest Member: LividPancake March 29, 2024, 02:09:00 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Tastes and opinions of Saradas members  |  Nature vs Nurture
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nature vs Nurture  (Read 5640 times)

Offline pakeha

• Activity:
    0%
Re: Nature vs Nurture
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 04:42:30 pm »
My vote goes to... nurture.

For me it was my aunt. One could argue that if it wasn't her, then there would have been some other image that influenced me, but of course we'll never know :)

My aunt always wore sleeveless shirts so she must have been at least semi-proud of her arms. By no means were they the arms of a fbb as we know them today, but they were nice and thick and she had some definition in her tri's. 

From the age of 5 or 6, maybe younger, I was consumed by her strength and muscles... way before my brain was really able to process it... and way before puberty hit me.

She has shaped my sexual tastes for the rest of my life... which... I'm sure, if she knew, she would be shocked about and/or totally unable to comprehend!

Forum Saradas

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 04:42:30 pm »

pict

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 03:04:10 pm »
On how it is to be a muscular woman from one who always was.

When I was a young girl in highschool...the last thing I ever wanted .....was to look like this:
...and that's how I looked!

I remember crying when I tried on a prom dress .  I looked like Arnold in a ballet costume.  I was made fun of by both the boys and girls.  I hated how I looked.  That stuck with me for decades...until it became AOK to have muscles on a female form...and I won my first contest after 6 months of training....I was in my mid 30's by then.

I'd have to say how the pack marches often rules how we see ourselves. I'd guess that's Behaviorism.  Today after so many years I'm happy to still be breathing let alone in shape !   I'm happy to be able to enjoy a sport at 72 yr old and could give a flying crap what anybody thinks about how I look.   I can cut my own grass in the field....I happy about all that . ( Maslow ...self actualization?) ...dunno

Both ends of the Nature vs Nurture spectrum plays in but evolves as time passes.  I think about Bruce Jenner who has had happy marriages and many children , an athletic career that puts him in the Hall of Fame and now is able to fulfill something deep inside of himself...he prefers to be a woman.  I doubt that happened over night yet once society accepted transgender more generally, he was able to express that openly. 

It all plays in .

Alison
BTW....I'll never forget being with the Jentz team back in the early 80's on a photoshoot there in Venice California.  They warned me about men they called "muscle-lusters".  I said: " You gotta be kidding!"  ( later Kay Baxter dubbed them Shmoes ).   Ok so now I "get it"   I suppose they always existed undercover...the muscle lusters.  I sure wish I knew a few when I was 18 !  ( ha ha ha )

Allison, I assure you I would've been thrilled to see my prom date look like you looked. So maybe too b ad we didn't know each other when you were 18 (though I would've been 12).
I remember being in love with the muscular neighbor girl when I was pre-K. But even that can't be definitively pinned on nature instead of nurture, because the effects of the environment on our psych likely start happening even before we are born. So who can tell. I suspect both. In what way is it unhealthy for the individual or the species to be attracted to potential mates who demonstrate strength? Actually, I think it is unhealthy both to deny such an attraction and to criticize others for it. And I believe it is likely an unhealthy socialization which results in the ridicule some place on both muscular women and those attracted to them.

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 03:34:33 pm »
Pict,
(smile)  Yup.

(Last month.)   
Enjoy life be happy.  Don't let what others think dictate who you are. Each time we leave for a week's surf trip our neighbors ( retired and our age) tell us we'd better check our birth certificate before we leave.  Screw that !

Alison
72....you're catchin up Pict at 66 !

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Tastes and opinions of Saradas members  |  Nature vs Nurture

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View