Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advertising

gfx gfx
steroidify parapharma
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572537 Posts in 72087 Topics by 28629 Members - Latest Member: ezbrbtv March 28, 2024, 04:39:29 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Alison Brundage
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Alison Brundage  (Read 345957 times)

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Re: Alison Brundage
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 04:00:35 pm »
1. We don't do Facebook....   We're law-adiding American citizens gone well under the radar and enjoying retirement peace in a foreign country....   Wanna keep the peace ya know.  There's enormous value in that freedom.

2. Re Pillow:  Please do say hello for me.  She was an important part of my life back then.  Great gal.

3.  I'll try to hook up with Lori Okami...another one that I've respected as an athlete.

4. Would like to find out where Steve Dussia went to.  He's from Pennsylvania originally.  Well respected as an Olympic lifter and trainer.  My hunch is he's still active.  Can't locate  him...   Like us, gone off the radar.

5.  Need to start a "then and now" forum here.   Approaching 70 now, I would assume there's others in my age-group that were active in bodybuilding now trying to maintain their youthful vigor.   All of us need encouragement...then and now !

Forum Saradas

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 04:00:35 pm »

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 11:44:32 pm »
It just took time for the center stage that was taken up by Rachael McLish to exhaust and for the public to warm up to profound muscularity.  Corrie Everson and Carla Dunlap helped enormously.  I entered late...I was already well into my 30's.   My time was over fairly quick. It was time for me to return to normal athletics like surfing and lifing for health and quit the extremes that bodybuilding forced on my female body.  Pillow's name?   Nah....Pillow was Pillow...and she did just fine as Pillow...LOL

Offline Lucrezia Borgia

• Activity:
    0%
  • 'Strenght comes from Will' - Greta Bohm
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 12:04:02 am »

I have to thank you Alison because you are the woman who made me fall in love with bodybuilding and my max icon of the sport. i was just a teen and I saw you on some bb magazine and simply tought "wow! this is the kind of woman I want to be!" Never tought before a woman could be so huge and cut and at the same time so feminine and beautiful...after i saw a lot of others fbb champions, but i only say: when I'm in need of motivation or energy in the gym, I only have to look at one of your pictures. I think that this is the best thank I can say to you...

:rock:

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 01:48:16 am »
To Luca78
How very sweet of you !   Listen Luca, when  I was a teen ( possibly at the age you spoke of when you first saw my pic...a teen)  muscular women were shunned.  Remember now, I was born in 1945. 
The ideal then was to be very thin and have a nicely groomed pageboy...and be prom queen.  I can remember back then trying on a prom dress and crying.  Somehow it just didn't seem to belong on my body.  When I was just a young girl I'd help my dad in his used furniture store....move furniture...LOL !    OK so now flashing forward warp speed I'm now sort of getting a bit dumpy in my thirties, and a friend on mine said..."Alison you should join a gym".   ( I'm picturing some black hole that smelled like men's BO with jock straps hung on a hook over in the corner.   She said : "No, it's not like that....go...see".     So my husband and I joined a gym.  We were instructed by some older lifters who knew that we were not teenagers and they taught us how not to hurt ourselves lifting ...sticking to the basics of form  with reasonable weight.  Long story short is I ended up meeting the guy that ultimately was our best friend and my trainer.  He was a champion olympic lifter and well respected.   So anyway, my husband and our friend end up fashioning this home made gym in  his back yard...all out of found objects.  There were pulleys going everywhere.   In 6 months I entered my first contest in Hawaii.  It was the very first one ever in Hawaii...we came out in high heels...LOL   I won every single one I ever entered there and did the Golds and 2 Nationals.  The end of the story is I was able to finally feel good about myself as a muscular woman.  Finally I was "OK" with me ...as I was.  To have girls like yourself come up and shake my hand or ask for an autograph was pretty hard for me to wrap my head around actually.  To have friends like Pillow and Kay Baxter who were muscular like me....was a sisterhood I will cherish for the rest of my life.   It was a blessing.   Thanks again for your kind words.  ( makes me wanna do some bench presses ! )

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 07:24:50 pm »
TO moveeguy

We were living in Hawaii...bodybuilding for women hit sorta late there methinks.   I was way out of the loop in-so -far as becoming chums with other bodybuilders.   Pillow and I wrote letters...encouraged each other ( at least she encouraged me).   I was always a solitary trainer...just me and my backyard home made rig of pulleys, a power rack and dumb bells.  I never cared much for training in a gym once I left it.  My trainer Steve Dussia was very inventive.  He would teach me how to use rocks on the beach...LOL...dynamic tension ( just you and a wall or table you could press or pull against), sprints, etc.    There was never a dull moment with Steve.  He made it an adventure and exciting...never routine. 

In answer to your question...no.  I always trained alone.  If I got stuck say with a bench press and couldn't rack it...I'd dump the weight...LOL   My husband trained with me quite often.

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 07:48:19 pm »
Upper left.  Pic of Alison Brundage and Steve Dussia , couple competition Nationals...?year forget
http://www.imagebam.com/image/3f84b9233670867

Pic mon the right is my very first contest in Hawaii after 6 month's training
http://www.imagebam.com/image/cd9ef8233670882

Pic taken at the time of that first contest
http://www.imagebam.com/image/c2eaf1233670896

Nationals, Vegas.  I was running at night sweating off weight.  Never weighed in.  After the contest I found out I qualified for the lightweight division.  I case of having lost one's mind in training
http://www.imagebam.com/image/9d6149233670911

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 07:58:20 pm »
First two shots here are what I looked like before I ever started trainning

http://www.imagebam.com/image/a5d55b233672905
http://www.imagebam.com/image/a5598f233672902

Six month's later...my first contest  was Miss Aloha State which I won
http://www.imagebam.com/image/bd9d2c233672911

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 08:32:22 pm »
Moveeguy
Your question: "What did Pillow encourage you 'to do".   Strange question.  Pillow never encouraged me "to do " anything.  To say WE were discouraged as muscular bodybuilders in that era would be a truth...we were to an extent.   Contests were being won by gals who had less muscle in those early years.  Nobody wanted to sponsor muscularity.  Our support came from encouraging each other to move on along and not give up. To find our own nitch.  We were frustrated....what can I say?

Lisa Elliot had a fine physique.  I did not know her personally. 

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 08:41:33 pm »
This was my last contest and the picture I had taken with Larry Scott who was the guest poser.  Larry Scott was the only bodybuilder I know of to hold all three titles: Mr America, Mr Universe and Mr Olympia at the same time.  What an opportunity that was !!!   All the trophies were from that one contests...all the body best body parts got a trophy.  Hawaii was very good to me.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/518b4a233678739

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 08:45:41 pm »
1993 I had brain surgery.  Bill and I decided to maximize the look and document it.   All turned out well...benign.  Some loss of balance that caused my to switch from standup surfing to Wave Ski riding.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/2374af233679569

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 08:52:54 pm »
Movee guy....For sure Pillow was always on a soapbox against the "s" stuff in female bodybuilding.  We never shared training tips.  It was always banter on life in general.  It was definately a different spot for a female bodybuilder to be up there in Alaska making her way with her own self styled shows....   She was very enterprising...and as well talented.   I always got a bang out of her various new themes, and schemes.  Me?...I burned out quick.  Pillows letters kept me lifting, surfing and in generall feelling AOK with my life that never made center stage in bodybuild-dom.  We were like spectators bantering comments back and forth on what was hitting center stage. 

Offline Lucrezia Borgia

• Activity:
    0%
  • 'Strenght comes from Will' - Greta Bohm
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 12:10:03 pm »

Thank you Alison, even now I can hardly believe I'm talking with my bodybuilding hero!  ;D . You are such an inspiration for me!
The tale of your life in bodybuilding is at least as much interesting as your pictures (that are superb. For me you are one of the most beautiful women ever, and thanks to you i never followed the anorexic-way-of-looking of all fashion models followed  by almost all girls of my age in our teen years).
I was particularly touched by your story about the sisterhood you built with Pillow and Kay Baxter and Lori Okami and the early fbb....I think an entire generation of girl owe so much to you all, you were the pionieers of a totally new way of female being and looking and a new face of woman emancipation. Thanks to you, a girl like me could enter the bodybuilding in mid 90s without being considered an alien....even if in a traditional country like Italy I was considered a bit 'strange' even in the 90s. Anyway, I can only imagine how difficult it was for a female bodybuilder like you at the beginning...

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 04:13:08 pm »
To Lurca 78:
Well my my Lurca.   You I believe have put me on a pedestal upon which I certainly do not belong.  But thanks !   Are you still lifting? 

To Moveeguy:
I think the most Pillow and I shared on diet/training  was how much Metamucil we each needed to take and how we mixed it....LOL !! ... ( Pillow worked magic with a blender which she carted along to her contests.   As I recall her brews were augmented with some booze...which no doubt we all enjoyed after disappointing contest results)
 :singing:
We never talked religion and frankly that was not part of my life back then.  No doubt what she was saying ( methinks ) was that she is a God-given muscular woman and whatever He supplies is what it is....by training...not by chemicals.

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 04:25:48 pm »
WPW and the Women's Physique World cheerleaders

One thing I have neglected to say is the part that Bill Jentz and Steve Wennerstrom played in promoting muscularity in women's bodybuilding and especially in those early years.   When other mags were  promoting the less muscled model-form of lady bodybuilders, the WPW team were out there looking for the most muscle they could find.   They were enormously supportive and a very major part of making sure true bodybuilding and profound muscularity was shown to the public.  Still today WPW gives the fans what they are looking for not only in pictures but as well in stories of their lives.  Through these men (WPW), fans truly got to know who these muscled women were.  I still write to Bill Jentz now and again, and he's as supportive today as he was back then.

I definately suggest that those on this blog with questions about the lives of bodybuilders, do look up WPW and purchase some of their pictures, videos and old magazines of the muscular ladies of the early era.  Some of these women may never have competed in a bodybuilding contest...but were profoundly muscular.

WPW.......check it out

I

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Alison Brundage

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View