Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
steroidify

gfx gfx
parapharma Advertising
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572461 Posts in 72088 Topics by 28629 Members - Latest Member: ezbrbtv March 28, 2024, 01:47:00 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  News and Discussion  |  Polls about female body builders or fitness stars  |  super ex girlfriend
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: super ex girlfriend  (Read 8808 times)

razorsedge

super ex girlfriend
« on: July 24, 2007, 07:49:51 pm »
I recently saw this movie. In any comic fantasy, the viewer has to suspend his/her beliefs that people can't perform certain feats. That being
said, it would be a lot easier to believe a woman could have super human strength if she had really big muscles to begin with. >:(

Forum Saradas

super ex girlfriend
« on: July 24, 2007, 07:49:51 pm »

lionforce

Re: super ex girlfriend
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 09:40:44 pm »
I voted for Gina but I would have voted for Melissa D if she was on that list

PaulC

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 09:42:29 pm »
This is one of the things that has bugged me about Superman (and Supergirl, of course) since Iwas old enough to even think about (somewhere around the mid 14th Century, I think), so I'm going to add this thought to the mix and see what happens. So- WHY does Supergirl need big muscles to do what she does? Better yet, how did she get them?  Hmmm..

Given- Supergirl and Superman are not from Earth. They are, therefore not "human', and because of this, both posess "super"-human strength (and agility, etc, etc). What requires tremendous effort by 'mortals' is less than breaking a toothpick to these two.

You and I (mere "humans") develop muscles through working them against increasing resistance until the fibres part company with each other and repair themselves, making the muscles stronger and ultimately, more defined. Pared down to a nub, that's the way it is. Nothing could be simpler.

So, when nothing on this planet would give either of these two adequate resistance, let alone a decent workout, how is it that they developed these wonderful physiques at all?  To my mind, Supergirl should be slender, fit and as beautiful as any of us can imagine, but without some resistance training, only mildly muscular.  Same for Clark Kent. He has spent 95% of his life on Earth, here in our lower gravity (to stay with the legend). To his body and it's built in extra ability, nothing we can put together would provide enough resistance to build large amounts of musle, so where did it come from?  

Don't forget that we're talking fantasy here, so it's not all that important... Just something that bugs me sometimes.   Batman (Wonder Woman, etc) and the other earth-bound heros and heroines do indeed need to work out regularly to build and sustain their awsome physiques, but the Super folks.... it's a mystery that needs an answer- if only as part of the fantasy.

And my vote would be for someone slim and muscular,  Wendy Lindquist, for example. Young, powerful, and cute.  Sarah de Herdt would also be a contender.

My two bits.

Paul C

Mr Moderator- I realize that this may be a bit of a tangent to the topic, so if you feel it should be, please feel free to relocate my little rant to another topic area.  PC-

aldebaran42

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 02:38:50 am »
I would have voted for Melissa D if she was on that list

me too...

kazokazo50

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 08:13:24 am »
This is one of the things that has bugged me about Superman (and Supergirl, of course) since Iwas old enough to even think about (somewhere around the mid 14th Century, I think), so I'm going to add this thought to the mix and see what happens. So- WHY does Supergirl need big muscles to do what she does? Better yet, how did she get them?  Hmmm..

Given- Supergirl and Superman are not from Earth. They are, therefore not "human', and because of this, both posess "super"-human strength (and agility, etc, etc). What requires tremendous effort by 'mortals' is less than breaking a toothpick to these two.

You and I (mere "humans") develop muscles through working them against increasing resistance until the fibres part company with each other and repair themselves, making the muscles stronger and ultimately, more defined. Pared down to a nub, that's the way it is. Nothing could be simpler.

So, when nothing on this planet would give either of these two adequate resistance, let alone a decent workout, how is it that they developed these wonderful physiques at all?  To my mind, Supergirl should be slender, fit and as beautiful as any of us can imagine, but without some resistance training, only mildly muscular.  Same for Clark Kent. He has spent 95% of his life on Earth, here in our lower gravity (to stay with the legend). To his body and it's built in extra ability, nothing we can put together would provide enough resistance to build large amounts of musle, so where did it come from?  

Don't forget that we're talking fantasy here, so it's not all that important... Just something that bugs me sometimes.   Batman (Wonder Woman, etc) and the other earth-bound heros and heroines do indeed need to work out regularly to build and sustain their awsome physiques, but the Super folks.... it's a mystery that needs an answer- if only as part of the fantasy.

And my vote would be for someone slim and muscular,  Wendy Lindquist, for example. Young, powerful, and cute.  Sarah de Herdt would also be a contender.

My two bits.

Paul C

Mr Moderator- I realize that this may be a bit of a tangent to the topic, so if you feel it should be, please feel free to relocate my little rant to another topic area.  PC-

I believe when it just comes down to it, the simplest answer is..."You're right, they are not human." They are a more "advanced" species. Geneticlly they have these muscles, just like these power. (Even though they were not born with the powers...Our Sun gives it to them.) They are born with the genetic make-up to allow them to have these bodies w/out working out. Plus, if you think of it, Superman isnt that big. only 220 - 225lbs. And probably around 5-7& bodyfat in the comics, and around 11 - 12% in the most recent movie. So, bottom line, the muscles are there because of their genetic make-up. They dont need to workout. :)
    Here is a fun fact, Supergirl is slightly stronger and faster than Superman. Her powers are...slightly more powerful. The reason being; Superman puts mental barriers on his powers. He does this just incase he loses his mind or someone gains control of his mind. He also gave Batman Lex Luthers kryptonite ring. Just incase he lost his mind. A noble Hero, huh? One more thing, Superman and Batman know eachothers identities. :)

Kazokazo50  <------Comic book/ HUGE Superman fan! :P

Female abs 4 life

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 12:51:44 pm »
Roxie Rain or Sondra Faas

melikebigstrongwoman

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 04:17:43 pm »

My two bits.

Paul C

I believe when it just comes down to it, the simplest answer is..."You're right, they are not human." They are a more "advanced" species. Geneticlly they have these muscles, just like these power. (Even though they were not born with the powers...Our Sun gives it to them.) They are born with the genetic make-up to allow them to have these bodies w/out working out. Plus, if you think of it, Superman isnt that big. only 220 - 225lbs. And probably around 5-7& bodyfat in the comics, and around 11 - 12% in the most recent movie. So, bottom line, the muscles are there because of their genetic make-up. They dont need to workout. :)
    Here is a fun fact, Supergirl is slightly stronger and faster than Superman. Her powers are...slightly more powerful. The reason being; Superman puts mental barriers on his powers. He does this just incase he loses his mind or someone gains control of his mind. He also gave Batman Lex Luthers kryptonite ring. Just incase he lost his mind. A noble Hero, huh? One more thing, Superman and Batman know eachothers identities. :)

Kazokazo50  <------Comic book/ HUGE Superman fan! :P

To quote Richard Nixon, "Well let me say this about that..." 

Since my youth goes back to the twefth century, I even remember the old Superman series with George Reeves!  And on my birthday, I beat my candles out with my cane.

OK IMHO, and insofar as suspending one's disbelief, I've gotten jaded in my old age and can only suspend so far, partly because I think believability is a good thing and also because there are now, unlike earlier, plenty of muscular women available to play these roles. 

One can argue that these beings' genetics allow them to have super strength without excessive muscular size.  And one can counter-argue that their genetics would CAUSE the development of larger muscles to allow for extreme strength a la the Hulk/She-Hulk.  Now I also remember a line from the first Christopher Reeve Superman movie where he gave Lois Lane his stats and mentioned something about being heavier than average; 250 - 275 or in that neighborhood.  This would stand to reason since he is 1) stronger and 2) denser thereby making him more reisitant to small arms fire among other things.  As far as Superman spending the lion's share of his life on earth, he still has his Kryptonian genetics so it is not unreasonable to expect him to be bigger and stronger.  Much the same argument can be made with respect to a homo sapien who is excessively large and strong just by virtue of his/her genetics.  I know a woman who is 5'11" and 245#.  She's never lifted a weight in her life.  She's strong as a bull!  She has exceptional genetics.

This is all in fun of course.  I'm reading Clausewitz' "On War" and find myself frequently thinking of what I'm reading with respect to the Star Wars rebellion...

beanoman

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 09:44:53 pm »
I think any one of these would beat the crap out of Uma.

Forum Saradas  |  News and Discussion  |  Polls about female body builders or fitness stars  |  super ex girlfriend

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View