Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
parapharma

gfx gfx
steroidify Advertising
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572414 Posts in 72083 Topics by 28629 Members - Latest Member: ezbrbtv March 28, 2024, 10:36:27 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Lori Okami
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lori Okami  (Read 32369 times)

crazedvole

Lori Okami
« on: September 14, 2009, 08:12:02 am »
She was "my first one"

You have to be kinda old to know who she is. But she won the lightweight class of the 1986 nationals and basically dropped out after that.  BTW that is the one that Cathy Palyo won in the hW and Valerie Basilone won the MW. Funny thing about her is that I tried to look for her a few years back and could not find anything.  Now she is on Facebook and has a blog. I'm sure she has had them for a while I just have not been looking. On the other hand the few pictures of her that were on the web are pretty much gone Oh well

She had a good set of biceps for that time too(baseballs)

Lori Okami is a mother of three, past national bodybuilding champion and powerlifting world record holder. She holds a MBA degree and is an ACE-certified personal trainer.

More pics. Still has nice arms

I'm glad to see she is doing OK

Offline OdoHerr

• Activity:
    0%
Re: Lori Okami
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 11:25:08 am »
Here is what I have got about her:

Lori Okami / Contest history

Nationals - NPC, LightWeight, 5th

Nationals - NPC, LightWeight, 1st
User is currently banned [View]

Ro Ba

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 12:12:56 am »
She was almso the winner of the lightweight division at the 1983 Gold's Classic.

sione1

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 06:14:51 am »
She had been writing a column for The Honolulu Advertiser, which was recently bought out by the other major newspaper in Hawaii, the Star Bulletin. Her's was one of the culumns which were continued in the "merged" paper called The Honolulu Star Advertiser.

It's really pretty good. Check it out.

Offline jadefoot

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 04:27:52 am »
A few recent shots of her, still in good shape:

phy911

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 12:09:44 am »
lightweight and overall with Lori. Unfortunately this is all I have from the show

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/01CVLRXE/lori.zip_links

ihcoyc

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 05:59:14 am »
This is what I was able to find of her, which isn't much. 

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 10:16:40 pm »

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 10:19:12 pm »
Lori was as cute as a button.....and a real athlete !  No doubt she's both to this day.  She was fun to be around ....just plain sweet.  A friend back in the day...in Hawaii.  We both had our brief claims to fame....in and out.  The Gold's Classic was by far (for me) one of the best times of my life.  Lori won the LWs , I won the MW and Ernie Santiago also from Hawaii won the men's.   Hawaii's moment in the sun.
Alison

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 11:36:11 pm »
" Cute as a button"........yup.

Nope.  I went to California by myself.  I had no-one to take pics for me at the Gold's contest.   What I have is what I've published here...snapshots that were given to me.  Sorry
Alison

Offline lyle918

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 11:55:07 pm »
I used to have her contest on video.  I think it was on ESPN (they used to telecast)...Too bad there wasn't  some way to get them to restart showing again.  Maybe a letter writing campaign (something maybe Saradas can look into)?
User is currently banned [View]

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
Re: Lori Okami...videos
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 02:06:26 pm »
http://www.wpwmagazineonline.com/store799.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WPW+Magazine+Online+-+February+2013+Newsletter&utm_content=WPW+Magazine+Online+-+February+2013+Newsletter+CID_9ce75dffa404f7146334fb4e68af956d&utm_source=Email%20Campaign%20Monitor&utm_term=WPW-767%20Kathy%20Connors%20Compilation#WPW767

On videos of the stars of yesteryear.  WPWmagazineinline is slowly slowly taking all the old tapes they took so many years ago and getting them onto DVD format.  Entiore compilations that include posing routines.  They are working their way backwards in time, so slowly slowly there will be more and more available through them. 

I've said this before as well.  WSP ( same guys) did publish the stories behind these first muscular women....biographies that you will find probably nowhere else as complete as they presented.   This team of guys (Jentz & Wennerstrom) were on the hunt for massively natural muscular women in those early years.  Back issues of WSP can be gotten for as little as $5.00 on-line.

Alison

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 07:38:09 pm »
Lori's pictures are rarer than gold dust, but this one seems to be unposted here

If she was on stage today, there would surely be gigabites of data on her.

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 08:10:24 pm »
Lori's pictures are rarer than gold dust, but this one seems to be unposted here

If she was on stage today, there would surely be gigabites of data on her.

I agree.  AND she is as sweet as her dimples !   Good friend and fellow competitor back in the day. 

phy911

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 03:15:51 am »

My attempt at a photo restoration

gif created from the video from Sar-Net.

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Lori Okami

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View