Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
steroidify

gfx gfx
Advertising parapharma
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
578533 Posts in 73745 Topics by 29013 Members - Latest Member: CM95 May 05, 2024, 02:43:41 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Muscular & Strong Females  |  Pro Wrestling Divas  |  Evolution of WWE Divas
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Evolution of WWE Divas  (Read 9953 times)

Willy Fog

Evolution of WWE Divas
« on: April 19, 2014, 10:13:02 pm »
I had been a wrestling fan in the late 90s, early 2000s and at that time the divas were really attractive women (Trish Stratus, Torrie Wilson, Lita, Stacy Keibler, Sable etc.) I recently had a look at the WWE website and watched an episode with a divas match. Seems like the divas are not as attractive as they used to be. Maybe they focus more on wrestling skills instead of beauty looks. I actually don't really care about how the divas look but I just wanted to know if you guys think the same.

Forum Saradas

Offline MuscleFreek80

• Activity:
    0%
Re: Evolution of WWE Divas
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 07:29:46 pm »
So.......................The Bella Twins aren't attractive? Not even Summer Rae? Aksana? Alicia Fox?

Willy Fog

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 02:21:19 pm »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So.......................The Bella Twins aren't attractive? Not even Summer Rae? Aksana? Alicia Fox?

They are attractive but by far not as attractive as the past divas.

Offline MuscleFreek80

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 07:06:03 pm »
what Im really... reaaally missing from the Divas is intensity in the feuds.. case in point>

although Divas like Aksana and Natalya carry good muscle .. you can tell that they're holding back .. like going through the motions during a match...
 I love the way AJ works her character .. and she seems to have a nice build (her legs are niice)... but really... I would doubt that she would perform in a match the way M. James, Melina , Phoenix, Lita, (even Candice Michelle) once did... 

I suppose that the Divas have toned down the intensity of matches b/c of injuries... but I really would like to see more hurricarranas, MJames ddt,  (or melinas sunset flip powerbomb)
I will admit that Stacy Keibler, Lita, Trish Status, and Sable are also really attractive too................But I also realize that the Diva matches now are a tad watered down to avoid serious injuries. One good example is Candice Michelle breaking her clavicle during her match with Beth Phoenix on Raw back in October 2007. That was a pretty scary scene.

Offline crimson_E_86

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 11:35:40 pm »
I had been a wrestling fan in the late 90s, early 2000s and at that time the divas were really attractive women (Trish Stratus, Torrie Wilson, Lita, Stacy Keibler, Sable etc.) I recently had a look at the WWE website and watched an episode with a divas match. Seems like the divas are not as attractive as they used to be.I actually don't really care about how the divas look but I just wanted to know if you guys think the same.

They are attractive but by far not as attractive as the past divas.

First, you're contradicting yourself.  Second, the women you mentioned were in bra and panties matches, pillow fights, or fantasy wardrobe matches. That wouldn't effect your view of how attractive these ladies are would it?  ;)
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Patrick_Henry

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 01:05:19 pm »
I had been a wrestling fan in the late 90s, early 2000s and at that time the divas were really attractive women (Trish Stratus, Torrie Wilson, Lita, Stacy Keibler, Sable etc.) I recently had a look at the WWE website and watched an episode with a divas match. Seems like the divas are not as attractive as they used to be. Maybe they focus more on wrestling skills instead of beauty looks. I actually don't really care about how the divas look but I just wanted to know if you guys think the same.
Willy (et al),
What did you think about Beth Phoenix (?)

I thought She was a good combination of strength and glamour.. I think She left the game a few years back, but.. Her character had that arrogant, Macho attitude that I thought was sexy too ~

Offline crimson_E_86

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 07:30:36 pm »
I think they focus more on looks now if anything than wrestling skills.  The only true wrestler out there is Natalia!  Trinity is athletic, and the Bella twins are athletes.  Lita, Torrie, VICTORIA, Beth, chyna, ivory, sable... Those were wrestlers!

I wouldn't say Sable was a wrestler. If the Bella Twins are athletes, then Sable was an athlete. Don't get me wrong she was in matches. I don't remember her being memorable as a wrestler or being as good as Torrie, Victoria, Beth, or Ivory. That's like saying Debra was a wrestler.

Offline NinjaStar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Intolerably bitchy
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 03:28:57 pm »

Nothing about what you said makes any sense. You think the Divas aren't as attractive as they did in the past, but then you say you don't care about looks. You're coming and going on that idea. The current generation of Divas are far more capable ring-wise than the ones in the 90s (with certain exceptions) because back then, female wrestlers were more of a novelty. They were selected for their looks and not their in-ring skills. The current crop of Divas at least are mostly trained how to wrestle. Natalya's the best example because wrestling is in her blood, being a Hart and all.

Take Sable for example. She was pushed mightily. In ring however, Sable was awful. She was the archetype of someone who didn't have any love for the business and it showed. To her, the WWF was only a stepping stone into showbiz. The joke's on her, because where is she now? Jim Cornette can explain that better than I can: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The WWF/E had bullshit gimmick matches like the Bra and Panty matches that nullified the legitimate in-ring talent of others like Lita or Victoria and they ended up leaving the company because of it to wrestle elsewhere. The TnA Knockouts are leagues better than the WWE Divas because they can actually wrestle, and it hurts me to say that because TnA sucks so bad.
I'm a weapons-grade skeptic, industrial-strength cynic, a hospital-grade bullshit detector. Logic and reasoning will be used with extreme prejudice. Your feelings are collateral damage.

Offline papadoc1981

• Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 12:49:40 am »
I suppose that the Divas have toned down the intensity of matches b/c of injuries... but I really would like to see more hurricarranas, MJames ddt,  (or melinas sunset flip powerbomb)

I will admit that Stacy Keibler, Lita, Trish Status, and Sable are also really attractive too................But I also realize that the Diva matches now are a tad watered down to avoid serious injuries. One good example is Candice Michelle breaking her clavicle during her match with Beth Phoenix on Raw back in October 2007. That was a pretty scary scene.
And yet more reasons why I gave up on watching WWE after being a fan from late 1980s - early 2000s.  In this brand of entertainment, there will be injuries and lots of them.  It is unavoidable.  Like the NFL.  But that they would water-down the product is the reason the their popularity is no where close to what it was 10 years ago.  I remember a time when people got together to talk about the sports and wrestling would be a big part of the conversation.  Use to see ads of it everywhere.  And now it's like it doesn't even exist.  Diva division is a joke.  Tag team is a joke.  They haven't had a performer who is able to catch the world by storm like a Hogan, a Steve Austin, a Rock, a Sting, etc.  It's sad.  WWE has no real competition so the need to innovate has died.

Offline MuscleFreek80

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 04:50:03 am »
^ Well, there is John Cena and Daniel Bryan.

Offline papadoc1981

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 12:57:28 pm »
^ Well, there is John Cena and Daniel Bryan.
Is Daniel Bryan gonna be that guy to take the world by storm?  Don't know.  Still too early to tell.  I've seen him in action and yet he doesn't make me wanna come back to watching wrestling again.

John Cena?  Is ok.  But would you put his name along with some of the WWE's best performers in the past?   I don't know if he gets that kind of respect.  And he sure hasn't attracted more fans back to WWE.

CM Punk was lighting it up but is he even still around?

Offline Ardanian

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 06:21:25 am »
Papadoc no one has connected with the fans like Daniel Bryan has in years.  Massive, and I do mean massive, fan reactions to him have actually made Vince MacMahon change storylines.  Bryan made it to the main event at Wrestlemania and lifting the championship over Randy Orton, a hand picked 3rd generation star, and Batista, who Vince tried to force down peoples throats with a rumble win.  The fans at every stadium and event wanted Bryan and cheered for him.  Plus, much like CM Punk, more hardcore wrestling fans, those who look beyong WWE and TNA, all wanted to see Bryan do well because of his success on the indy scene. 

With Cena i can't stand his character or his continual place at the top of the billing, but the man is an absolute workhorse.  He lives, breathes and bleeds WWE.  They trust him to do everything he can for the business and he is well respected by other wrestlers and workers within the company.  Plus shifts gigantic quantities of merchandise so we may not find him interesting, but he is this generations Hulk Hogan or Steve Austin whether we like it or not.

With the Divas though the problem for me is the "hook".  Although the divas now are still beautiful and to some extent talented there is little to make me take interest apart from AJ Lee and her "psycho" character.  When I started watching Chyna had her plastic surgery and was wrestling with and against men, I still remember her throwing Eddie Guerrero around the ring, Trish Stratus was a small blonde with an amazing pair of breasts and Lita was Essa Rios manager.  Whilst Chyna faded somewhat I was lucky to watch Trish develop from the eye candy manager into one of the best female wreslters we have seen.  Awesome on the mic, awesome in the ring and able to pull others into great matches.  Plus smoking hot and really nice biceps, check her arm wrestling match with Christy Hemme, really nice flex before that starts.  I fell in love with Lita when this awesome red head threw herself off the top rope in a moonsault time and time again.  Ok she may not have been the best wrestler, but she had flair, style and commitment.  Hell she broke her neck for the business.  Then Torrie and Stacy came in from WCW and you had four high profile women who were different enough and established enough to allow more characters to appear.

Sadly since the mid 2000's with the Diva search programs and the insistence on hiring bikini models the actual talent has diminished, although they are as good looking as ever, with more diversity now, there are few stand out ring talents to make me care as a wrestling fan.  Beth Phoenix and Natty Neidhart being exceptions as they can both wrestle, plus Beth is so incredibly strong.  The best female wrestling at the moment is either in TNA with Gail Kim, Madison Rayne and Mickie James, hopefully she comes back, or on the independent scene with groups like SHIMMER.

TLDR; today's divas aren't different enough to be memorable, with some exceptions.  Just my two cents.

Offline crimson_E_86

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 09:59:30 pm »
Papadoc no one has connected with the fans like Daniel Bryan has in years.  Massive, and I do mean massive, fan reactions to him have actually made Vince MacMahon change storylines.  Bryan made it to the main event at Wrestlemania and lifting the championship over Randy Orton, a hand picked 3rd generation star, and Batista, who Vince tried to force down peoples throats with a rumble win.  The fans at every stadium and event wanted Bryan and cheered for him.  Plus, much like CM Punk, more hardcore wrestling fans, those who look beyong WWE and TNA, all wanted to see Bryan do well because of his success on the indy scene. 

What you are saying could describe a few memorable superstars. Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin were the same way. They had success in indy wrestling, rise up to the top of the WWE, gain a massive fan base, only lose interest of the fans within one or two years. To say "no one has connected with the fans like [insert wrestler] has in years" is not as significant of a statement when it comes to wrestling. Pro wrestling is kind of funny in that way. With that said, I'm happy for his success. Best of luck to Daniel and all the wrestlers.

Current female wrestlers are different from the past female wrestlers. And they should be. A lot of success (also a few failures) has come to wrestling because the "times have changed".

Offline papadoc1981

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 12:15:04 am »

What you are saying could describe a few memorable superstars. Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin were the same way. They had success in indy wrestling, rise up to the top of the WWE, gain a massive fan base, only lose interest of the fans within one or two years. To say "no one has connected with the fans like [insert wrestler] has in years" is not as significant of a statement when it comes to wrestling. Pro wrestling is kind of funny in that way. With that said, I'm happy for his success. Best of luck to Daniel and all the wrestlers.

Current female wrestlers are different from the past female wrestlers. And they should be. A lot of success (also a few failures) has come to wrestling because the "times have changed".
Austin and Michaels only had the fans interest for 1 to 2 years?  My friend you are severely misinformed.  That may be the average case for the superstars of today.  But back then was very different. 

Offline elnombre

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 09:47:58 pm »
I think the Divas looked better back in the day because we were all younger and hornier  ;D.  Wrestling is where I started to notice my admiration for female muscles though.  Chyna wasn't the most attractive woman in the world at all, but kid me couldn't stop looking at her....

Forum Saradas  |  Muscular & Strong Females  |  Pro Wrestling Divas  |  Evolution of WWE Divas

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View