Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advertising

gfx gfx
parapharma steroidify
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572791 Posts in 72118 Topics by 28629 Members - Latest Member: LividPancake March 29, 2024, 11:12:53 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Denise Rutkowski
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Denise Rutkowski  (Read 559326 times)

UK_Fan

Re: Denise Rutkowski
« Reply #360 on: August 07, 2017, 11:16:03 am »
I had the privilege of meeting Denise at the 1991 Olympia at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Very nice person. I'm glad to hear she's okay.  Back then, news in the bodybuilding world traveled slow. It was also the public debut of Tina Lockwood (I'll never forget her in that dark blue dress. She was an unknown then, but drew more attention than a lot of the big name stars) and Sharon Bruneau (who did a posing exhibition in the expo hall adjacent to the auditorium). Sharon's doing well, despite the recent loss of her husband. I'd like to know if Tina, wherever she is, is also doing well. All were nice and I had a ball. Unfortunately, it would be the last major contest I would ever attend. I may make a more detailed post in the bodybuilders you met in person thread.

Lucky you (on both counts!)!  Was the 'blue dress' that Tina wore the darker of the two (not the lighter denim one) she wore in her second (and final) WPW video 267?  Any photos of her or Denise from that show?

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
  • The Denise Rutkowski Story
« Reply #361 on: August 12, 2017, 07:50:34 pm »

Mental illness?  ....Since when does anybody have the right to make a diagnosis like that.   This woman was one of the greats of the sport and she made her mark.   Where she went from there is her journey and may have landed her in one of the best places ever doing what we should be doing, and that is caring for the well being of others and their future.  So many lives will be touched by that.

How many of us can say that?   Mentally ill ?.....no way.  She turned lemons into lemonade big time.

I am happy for her .

ALISON

More is being uncovered about this woman but publishing stuff is all the more challenging given the difficulty of reaching out to her for consent. Anyway, some tidbits for a bit of context before prematurely drawing uninformed conclusions to shape any impression of this woman, she had a challenging upbringing as she said in a magazine article interview "money was always an issue" and she was separated from her biological father from birth. Her origin is Pennsylvania Dutch and not Polish, Rutkowski was her given (step father) name which she got to keep after their parents divorced. This, in a nutshell, answers why she has and continues to given so much care and attention to kids wherever she is and whatever condition she is in which is commendable but people rather focus on misfortune instead...another rarity below, an image of Denise during the onset of her bodybuilding career...the reason she retired is rather straightforward; competitive bodybuilding is like playing Russian Roulette with ones health and wellbeing through we all know what...she was fully aware of the risks but when that was coupled with the subjectivity, politics and prejudice involved in the sport and mostly the sort she was actually subjected to in 1992 and 1993, for her, that was too much to handle. She chose a different path.

Please help share and support the GoFundMe page created by Denise Rutkowski's mom

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #362 on: September 08, 2017, 03:41:35 am »
EXCLUSIVE: INFORMAL CHAT WITH DENISE RUTKOWSKI
19th of August 2017

Denise Rutkowski, a woman who after 1993 only evoked mystery, speculation and wonder in those who still reminisce about the years she dazzled the world of bodybuilding which she has parted ways with prematurely and controversially. Afterwards, it felt as if she had fully gone incognito with some fans, media outlets and past acquaintances claiming to have attempted contacting her all but to no avail and therein lies the crux behind this interview: what is fact and what is fictitious?

This interview doesn't answer all the questions and was never intended to do so; its legitimacy and validity are all hinged on photographic evidence. One, as per Denise's request, not to disclose any information due to the nature of her current occupation and two, to conceal the identity of the acquaintance whom was the main liaison in, and facilitator of, this chat.     

Question: What is your impression about the 1993 Ms Olympia outcome?
Denise Rutkowski: "Wasn't really fair. Joe Wieder wanted me to get big and I got big. Then at the contest they told me I was too big so I lost. For that place."

Question: Why did you quit bodybuilding so early knowing that you had so much potential to progress?
Denise Rutkowski: "I wanted to get out of steroids and no matter what level you're at there is steroids about it when you get to the pro level. I'm gonna be honest. There's drugs about it no matter what anybody says."

Question: When did you stop bodybuilding altogether?
Denise Rutkowski: "I think it was just in 95"

Question: What do you have to say to your fans and those who followed your career back in the day?
Denise Rutkowski: "To my fans all I can say is I am blessed being out of the bodybuilding business and not having to be on drugs amen amen amen amen."

Denise Rutkowski on steroids: "Steroids is like what a bondage feels, you have to take them because you can't get a pump without them"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Denise Rutkowski: Her surname seemed a clearcut indication to many that she way of Polish background and heritage but after a conversation with one of her closest acquaintances, this notion was immediately debased. For more than can be comprehended, Denise was for the most part victimized by peoples' uninformed assumptions and this is only a minor example and testament to the fact that no conclusions should be reached without full information and context. Denise wasn't raised by her biological father (only her mother) and managed to adopt her step-father's family name; Rutkowski. Originally, she is Pennsylvanian Dutch. She was passionate about a number of things, most notably, bodybuilding and looking after the wellbeing of others (which she still does to a certain extent today).

Nevertheless, she seems to have faced misfortune and mixed outcomes in pursuance of both passions. Starting off with bodybuilding and as can be traced from the interview above, she was mostly on the receiving end of judges' subjectivity but even worse, the likes of Joe Weider a power broker in the sport- and whom is the progenitor of this relatively nascent sport and its commercialization- have misguided her with their loose expectations severely demoralizing Denise and effectively setting in motion her departure from the sport. Only a person with exceptional naïveté would accuse her of using steroids in an industry built entirely around performance enhancing drugs, while on that topic, Lenda Murray following the 1993 Ms Olympia in New York did advise her on the quality of drugs she should consider incorporating into her regimen and where to procure them from. For Denise, she had enough; the subjectivity of the sport and the inevitability of the side-effects to be incurred during and following the usage of such drugs were just overwhelming. Although she did train and continued bodybuilding but not on a pro level up until around 1995, she decided to more heavily pursue her passion for helping the underprivileged and went to/ enrolled in both Calvary Cathedral (1997-FW) and University Life Church (California) becoming a fully ordained minister by 2003, following the footsteps of some of her relatives.

Although she was fervently and unconditionally caring for underprivileged children during her bodybuilding days and before, that also may be equated to opening a pandoras box. In doing so, she was exposing herself to the unrelenting world of gangs, cartels and all the complications associating oneself with these entities entailed. Credit to her, even with all the reasons to tame her altruism she still manages to defy the pessimism in what she now does as a Minister which as an occupation doesn't pay much but Denise has been renowned by those around her for giving to others at times when she is in no position to. She simply gave much more than she received both in the sport she pursued and her unselfish philanthropic efforts as evidenced by her Big Sister program as an example. Now, these two “passions” shouldn’t be looked at in isolation as they are omnipresent and constantly overlapped in multiple ways. To illustrate, most of the winnings, earnings and royalties received during her bodybuilding heyday- when the financial spigot was on- went towards helping, and beyond that entertaining, children in need. She didn’t protect her image rights which many nowadays tend to do, and back then for many this wasn’t even considered, but she is paying the price for this today because when anyone of us goes out to Women’s Physique World or one of its offshoots like WPWMAX to purchase videos and/or images (of Denise) you can be dead certain that she doesn’t receive even a modicum of the payment made to these companies. Still not to discredit these companies, Denise did receive a lump-sum payment ranging in the hundreds of dollars after each session.

Essentially, the finances generated in her highly successful bodybuilding passion went on to satiate her proclivity for helping others, her second passion, unfortunately, only a few- if any- reciprocated and today she is left without, what could have been much needed, savings. But there is a divergence, her upbringing was noted for including heavy church involvement but as one of her closest acquaintances confirmed, she put the church aside during her bodybuilding days because of how obsessed and in love she was with the sport so much so that those closest to her had this to say about how infatuated she was with the sport: “Bodybuilding was her life, if she wasn't in the gym, I think she would've died. She walked or driven as much as she could to whatever gym she could find when she was out on the road for her seminars’. Even today when she couldn’t care less about that part of her life, she doesn’t have any regrets about any of the bodybuilding shows, the only regret she harbors is about having been involved in homemade wrestling videos. Still, reflecting on her short-lived career, those closest to Denise did make their ire known after finding out that she squandered her $20k prize after clinching second place at the 1993 Ms Olympia. She had to pay off her steroid overheads, with some amounting up to 5000USD, but the real point of concern for those closest to her was when she started lavishing the children she was looking after with gifts like bedroom sets, trips to Hawaii and parks in California. This further reinforces the notion that she not only helped these kids but, unnecessarily one might say, entertained them. Unfortunately a few, if any, even contemplated reciprocating back then let alone today where she remains in greater need of financial assistance.

Denise did receive according to one of her acquaintances around $1500 after her guesting posing and seminar shows but still even to this day Denise always had issues managing money, no matter how much she had at a given time. In terms of income, the absence of a constant and secure source of income becomes evident. Yes, she might receive a large lump-sum figure every once in a while but with the way Denise manages her finances, the risk of not having a stable source of income becomes all the more problematic. She did possess the skills to become a gym instructor, as one would easily assume judging by how advanced a level she was competing at, but that didn’t turn out to be a successful occupation since she was dismissed for often engaging in religious discourse “preaching”. Still, just because she felt compelled to do so didn’t mean there wasn’t an outlet for her to voice her religious ideals. As has been already alluded to and discussed, she became a full-time minister but as an occupation, and as one of her closest acquaintances claimed, hers paid only “pennies”. Today, she still faces some financial issues but the church and those closest to her make sure that all her basic, and a bit more, needs are met. Even during the peak of her bodybuilding career in California, she was still well looked after. In that regard, one can see that those who unconditionally give, ultimately receive. But altogether, she deserved and still deserves more.

I might get another chance to ask her some questions, so if you have any questions that you'd like to ask mention them on this thread and I will try to forward them. No guarantees and please only appropriate questions relating to bodybuilding,
Please help share and support the GoFundMe page created by Denise Rutkowski's mom

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #363 on: September 08, 2017, 12:49:21 pm »
What's important is she's happy...I hope.  Hat's off to her for what she has accomplished and still is accomplishing.  Storing up monetary treasure on this earth does little for the bank account for all eternity and it sounds like she's investing well in that regard.
Good for her !
ALISON

Offline zig563

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #364 on: September 15, 2017, 09:13:50 pm »
What's important is she's happy...I hope.  Hat's off to her for what she has accomplished and still is accomplishing.  Storing up monetary treasure on this earth does little for the bank account for all eternity and it sounds like she's investing well in that regard.
Good for her !
ALISON

Amen Alison! It is great to hear her life seems to be back on track and she's building equity in spirituality now.

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #365 on: September 16, 2017, 01:29:31 pm »
Yes !

87fg

« Reply #366 on: September 17, 2017, 01:37:14 pm »

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #367 on: September 20, 2017, 04:49:15 am »
Good for her !
ALISON

Given the circumstances, yes, one can say she is content with what she is doing. BUT that doesn't mean those closest to her are. I might get another chance to talk to her  but from what I last heard she is doing her best to help those in need and most affected by the hurricanes facing the U.S. Southeast. Will update more later on...

87fg

« Reply #368 on: September 28, 2017, 12:30:22 am »
She should have won at least one Olympia.

Offline h666666

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    10%
« Reply #369 on: September 28, 2017, 01:41:59 am »
There was a time when she had a fascinating physique, when she was an incredibly gorgeous bodybuilder. And guess what: she didn't stay that way forever. Nobody ever has, nobody ever will. Most athletes don't even look any good 11 months of a year in their absolute prime, they just diet down for a show or two per year. And yeah, she has been an intense person, sexual, wild, with a huge heart; growing up with a difficult package, and doing the best she could in life, all the while always looking out for the needy and helping others…

People who pity her or judge her from their comfortable, boring, out-of-shape, hygienic lives, working office jobs, remaining reasonably faithful to an unloved spouse, never doing anything outrageous, but then also never doing anything too spectacular either… These people should look up to her and envy her for actually having lived, not just vegetated. Oh, so she didn't retire into a decent suburban home with a white picket fence, having polite conversations with her well-mannered lady friends? The freaking horror!

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #370 on: September 28, 2017, 04:38:36 am »
Magazine Excerpt from CELEBRITY SLEUTH 1995 edition

"The Next Female Superstar"
DENISE RUTKOWSKI

"Although Lenda Murray is an outstanding and beautiful champion." a reader recently wrote Flex Magazine, "I think it's just a matter of time before 'Dyno D' takes the Ms. Olympia title and begins a reign as queen of bodybuilding for a long, long time. Denise Rutkowski is destined for stardom!"

And she took her biggest step thereto in winning the gold medal as 1993 USA Champion: "Everybody who attended the show knows I'm not exaggerating when I say that Denise Rutkowski was a Goddess on stage!" wrote bodybuilding expert Don Ross. "Phenomenally muscular, while at the same time extremely feminine , her routine was very erotic without being sleazy. She carried herself like a champion and was the easy winner [crowned by legend Joe Weider]. I had a strong feeling that I was watching a future Ms. Olympia being born: Denise Rutkowski. the next female superstar...by a landslide!" Ross raved. Yet, months later, she was edged by Lenda Murray in the Ms. Olympia- finishing second because judges found Denise "too big" and her "scintillating floor-mopping routine to Madonna's Justify My Love" too vulgar. " Apparently," wrote Flex, "Denise's horizontal contortions received an official frown...or was it squint?" Perhaps they were looking for a repeat of Rutkowski's routine that won the USA crown-- "complete with a peek-a-boob moment when her swell structure overwhelmed her posing suit!"
Sleuth has uncovered an even more mammarable moment: When the future Ms. USA shed her American-flag bikini to raise star-spangled bananas during an early private posing session!

-----------------------------------------------
Denise's "secret" is that she "always has cheesecake prior to going onstage"...and prior to bodybuidling, cheesecake seemed to be right up her alley. After a brief stint--in brief attire-- as an apartment wrestler, Dee (then called "Didi") began to sculpt her shape--starting  with her favorite chest exercise, "The Flat Dumbbell Press". Nowadays, Denise says she builds her bust "in the back corner of the 3rd room at Gold's Gym in Venice" because "you have the mirror and nobody's back there so I can take off my sweatshirt and look at myself while nobody else can see me". Wanna bet?
-----------------------------------------------------------
SCORE CARD
Born: 1963
Reading, Pennsylvania

She admits to "always having been infatuated with muscle"-- especially after seeing "a photo of Cory Everson) that made me say, "Oh yea, that's what I want to be!". After meeting Lone Star Gym proprietor "Rappin' Rick" Adams in Dallas in 1987, Muscular Development reports, "He took a personal interest in the young lady and started her on a hardcore program." Apparently so, since Denise admits that upon moving to Venice Beach: "I was working my butt off just to make a little money"...and even today "maintains a few select clients and manages to keep that extra penny in her pocket through photo sales and guest posings." Before making it --- and "them"--- big (her implants are obvious when comparing these fabulous "finds" with her winning form), Denise posed for erotic videos and photo sessions.

Calling Denise "a complete package." MuscleMag expressed concern at the 93 USA contest "that she wasn't doing enough hardcore poses...but (those) fears proved groundless." Indeed, since her earlier video tonguing and touching (explicit images not included) could hardly have been more open. "After I peaked" in winning the California Championships in 1991, Denise confides, "I just couldn't stay hard (can you?). You've got to jolt your muscles into a heightened sense of response from time to time." And response is what she's gotten: Landing a role as "a very buffed but very sexy trainer" to Jack Scalia in The Last Paisan  ("I've got the T&A and the blonde hair that you need for this part," she smiles), picking up a guy---literally--- in a Pepsi commercial, and becoming the poster gal for DHL air courier service. Sadly, Denise has just announced she "wants to take a year off from competition until she gets her personal affairs in order."

---------------------------------------------------------
Even more famous for her belts, Denise says when her shoulders "are just not getting the pump I want, I'll throw in some upright (reps) once in a blue moon". The Rutkowski rear is riveting but Dee reveals that judges at the Women's Nationals in '93 (I think the article was referring to 1991) told her "my ass was too big" and "that's why I lost the show." Complained one reporter: "As far as her ass being too big, maybe too fine, but never too big."

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #371 on: September 28, 2017, 01:42:29 pm »

Offline fbbgunlover

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #372 on: September 28, 2017, 05:24:10 pm »
she was so big, nice!

Offline Paulina Solevic

• Activity:
    0%
  • Muscle, muscle, want more muscle
« Reply #373 on: September 29, 2017, 10:24:53 am »
Nice memory of Dennise... I hope she is OK now... Legend...
Ten years ago I looked myself in mirror and just wasnt satisfied. I felt and looked frumpy. I had an image in my mind of what I wanted to look. I want MUSCLES. I wanted six pack stomach. Today I enjoying getting up every morning and seeing results of my hard work. I know there is no better feeling to see muscular, strong, well-built woman full of self-confidence. Today I am  living for bodyb-. My life without BB and gym makes no sense. I want to be as big, strong and more muscular as possible

Offline Paulina Solevic

• Activity:
    0%
  • Muscle, muscle, want more muscle
« Reply #374 on: September 29, 2017, 04:29:33 pm »
Legend is legend...

Ten years ago I looked myself in mirror and just wasnt satisfied. I felt and looked frumpy. I had an image in my mind of what I wanted to look. I want MUSCLES. I wanted six pack stomach. Today I enjoying getting up every morning and seeing results of my hard work. I know there is no better feeling to see muscular, strong, well-built woman full of self-confidence. Today I am  living for bodyb-. My life without BB and gym makes no sense. I want to be as big, strong and more muscular as possible

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Denise Rutkowski

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View